Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Jounin Exam Walkthrough (Part 2)

This is a series of 4 fights, the 1st 3 are extremely difficult unless you have a proper strategy to implement, also, it has been brought to my attention that right before you kill the 3rd boss, if you switch to your weakest weapon it will make your clone use that weapon, so buy a kunai and switch to it right before you kill Takeshi, it will make your clone that much easier. Also try to ration your scrolls like this: 3 for kiyoshi, 5-7 for sen ryo, 8-10 for takeshi and 2 for your clone...anyways on with the guide! (if you have WATER AND LIGHTNING as any of your two elements, read the MY METHOD section to know EXACTLY how to defeat them, I am a water/lightning free user and the exact strategy I used is found there).

Cheap method for scroll salvaging:
If you guys want a cheap way to take 20 scrolls with you after the fight with Kiyoshi, it is quite simple...you can do this fight unlimited times so if you lose its not big deal, for this you MUST have a red card though. Just spam your physical attack with the red card without using any jutsu or items until either the effect activates or you die...if you die, do it again, you don't lose anything when you die, and if you win you have 20 scrolls for the other fights.


KIYOSHI, PART ONE:
So Kiyoshi is just your standard water nin and he is vulnerable to all types of status effects so go hack away and defeat him like I did...beware of his water bundle he uses it like crazy and make sure you pack lots of scrolls because you will be needing them for the future fights, try and ration them so it is 3 for this fight, 5 for the next, 10 for the third and 2 for your clone, try to stay under that amount if you can because the fight can change in the blink of an eye with an unexpected dodge and you might need more or less scrolls so stay flexible...
Full Breakdown:
He uses his jutsu in this order, Restrict (~200 damage, two turn restriction) Shark Rain (275-450 damage) Water Dragon Missile (200-350 damage) and then dual cut which is two melee hits (60-110 each hit), and then once he gets under half health he will start casting water heal (1500 heal, crits for 2250 at times).

He is pretty agile so at times he will have two turns in a row, you need to be aware of this because if you get caught with restrict and shark rain back to back you will be hurting badly because he will still be able to get you with Dragon Missile for about 300 damage, this combo can take out up to 1.1k so you need to make sure he is not able to get you twice in a row...

if you can keep status effects on him or buffs on you this fight is pretty easy, I can take him out without using any scrolls.

My Method:
I am a water/lightning free user with 39 points in lightning and 1 in wind with the wind walker as my weapon (it compliments blind like a charm), I carried with me feather illusion, refresh rank 4, refresh rank 5, water restrict, lightning shock, lightning flash, lightning flash cry and concentration...he casts restrict at the start of the fight and I had my hazy kotetsu equipped, I hit him twice (the reason? it saves 40 HP per strike) as soon as I get out of my restrict I start my combo (and equip wind walker)...first I cast Water Restrict, then concentration, then lightning shock, then lightning flash, then lightning flash cry to deal some heavy damage to him, he can't do anything about this combo because he is constantly under an effect, like I said before that is the key to beating him, if he is restricted or stunned, he can't use his heal and his heal is where he kills you because he prolongs the fight and makes you use your scrolls on him...I then switch to my Hazy Kotetsu to buff my chakra and health as he uses only his damaging jutus, after he goes through his cycle that I stated above and hits me with a dual cut I put him to sleep right away before he restricts me...I switch back to my wind walker for the dodge bonus and right here is where he has two turns in a row so I charge once and then restrict is ready to go again, I restrict him, charge (I needed chakra so I did this instead of concentration) and do my lightning shock, lightning flash, lightning FC combo on him, rinse lather and repeat using refreshes when needed to heal, the fight took me a little over 8 minutes to do but it wasn't all that bad...on to the next guy.

Also, feather illusion is your friend because unlike water nins, he doesn't purify.

SEN RYO, PART TWO:
This guy is a fire/wind ninja, he can hit you HARD if you aren't prepared...he is extremely agile and has pretty high dodge as well as a stun move and a move that inflicts bleeding AND burn, this guy can catch you off guard and kill you easily, he killed me a few times because he gets 2 turns in a row and he got a Wind Helix, Toad Summon and Red Spike combo on me to finish me, so just make sure you are aware of his turns and where he is at in his combo and try to keep him on status effects as well.

Full Breakdown:
He will use his jutsu IN THIS ORDER: Dual Toad Fire (about 300-500 damage and causes burn) Wind Helix (275-425 damage and causes 25% bleeding for 1-2 turns) Toad Summon (300-500 damage and causes a one turn stun) Red Spike (sage taijutsu, about 200-325 damage) Red Whip (melee attack 150-250 damage).

He is VERY FAST and has pretty good dodging capabilities, so chances are he will dodge one of your status effecting jutsus, EXPECT this to happen so you can think of a way to counter it on your next move, being able to adapt your plan is one of the most important things about being a ninja so it is imperative you can do the same.

Once again, try to keep status effects on him as much as possible, I timed it out so he was blinded every time his stun came around in order to block out his stun, melee combo.

My Method:
Again I am a water/lightning ninja with 39 points in lightning and 1 in wind, my jutsu list is this: feather illusion, refresh rank 4, refresh rank 5, water restrict, lightning shock, lightning flash, lightning flash cry and concentration.

He starts off the fight with his dual toad oil move, after he hits me I immediately start my restrict, concentrate, shock, flash, FC combo on him to take down about 1/3 of his total HP, he missed both attacks (wind helix and toad summon) when he was blinded and after my combo I immediately healed the damage caused by Dual Toad and the burning afterwards, he then starts to whittle me down with his red spike and red whip attacks, after 3 melee attacks I put him to sleep as he was getting close to having two turns in a row and his combo must be close to being cooled down...I was right, he had two turns during the sleeping so I healed with one scroll (to save some chakra, refresh 4 is still available but since he had 2 turns I needed my chakra for my restrict combo) and charged once, he came out of the sleep with his dual toad fire move and I immediately did my charge version of the combo (restrict, charge instead of concentrate, shock, flash, flash cry) to make sure I had chakra to heal afterwards, after my combo he missed the stun thank god but hit me with the wind helix before it so I used my refresh rank 5 (it crit healed for 1200 ) to repair the damage done by dual toad and wind helix, his cooldowns were all funky after my combo so I had to improvise (he was burned by keiko so I couldnt sleep him) he got me down to about 500 HP but I used refresh rank 4 (saved it for a time like this) and then he hit me while he didn't have a status effect on him (my turns hadn't cooled down yet o.o ) he got his stun combo on me, but to make things worse he lapped me and got an extra turn in with red whip...my HP dwindled below 200 now and I immediately healed with refresh rank 5 and then 2 scrolls before putting him to sleep, (my HP was about 1300 now and my cp was about 200) I charged thrice and did the concentration combo variant, my chakra was nearly drained but he had a scratch of health left, luckily he missed all of his attacks during his blind and my keiko restricted him immediately following my combo so I was able to melee him twice to finish him off.

TEKASHI, PART THREE:
This guy hits HARD, and I mean HARD never have I faced something that hits this hard, he blows the damage the world bosses give out of the water, you WILL NOT outdamage this guy if he hits you so you must find a way to survive his attacks and repair, he has concentration and I think it lasts for about 4 or 5 turns so keeping him with status effects is important, he hits you for at least 900 damage when critical striking with his main jutsus.

Full Breakdown:
For this fight you MUST HAVE STATUS EFFECTS, if he is able to hit you with his lightning dragon spear it is game over for you...also, this guy is faster then you, I say about once in ever 7-9 turns he will get an extra (if you have no wind) so keeping this guy negatively effected and your guy buffed is a necessity.

My Method:
He starts with conductive body (always do your combo AFTER he uses that so he doesn't hit you with it later when he does his combo) I then start my concentration combo, restrict, concentrate, lightning shock, lightning flash, lightning FC which took off a large chunk of his health, THANKFULLY it caused both his shadow clone spear and lightning dragon spear to miss, he then went to work with his four spear strike and melee attacks which are still damaging considering he crits quite often, I had to use refresh and a scroll before putting him to sleep to fully recover, I charged twice (I timed it again so he got two turns during his sleep) and he cast conductive body, I then did my combo again and this time he critical struck me with shadow clone spear for a whopping 1k damage, I was forced to use a special rune scroll to make sure I didn't die but looking back I would have survived if I just used two normal health scrolls so you don't NEED a rune scroll but they do help...anyways I literally repeated this strategy 4 times and killed him albeit the last two times with charge instead of concentrate.

YOURSELF, PART FOUR:
Not much for me to say here, I don't know your character but YOU do, it is very easy but MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE HEALING SCROLL!! It would suck to make it all the way here and get critical hit by a level 40 challenge friend player and then end up losing and having to do it all over again.

Anyways, I hope I have helped you guys out!! I will be doing one of these for each section and putting them all together at the end for you guys, even if the tensai exam is over you can still use this guide for the nerfed version, it just won't be as hard...





By Hitogoroshi in the official forum

0 comments:

Post a Comment